“Spring adds new life and new beauty to all that is.”—J. Harrelson
Spring is officially in full swing at Ponte Winery, so we thought we’d share some fun pairing suggestions featuring three of our newest releases. Whether you’re planning a brunch gathering, happy hour, or picnic, we’ve got you covered with our 2021 Pas Doux, 2019 Moscato, and 2021 Beverino Bianco.
We look forward to hosting you in Temecula Wine Country, and if you have any questions, please drop us a line here—we’d love to be of service. In the interim, scroll down and enjoy this installment of “Pairing with Ponte.”
Pas Doux ’21:
The beautifully colored Pas Doux, which means “not sweet” in French, is a dry, light-bodied Provençal style rosé as is very popular on the Southern French Coast. Our 2021 vintage was slowly fermented in cold stainless steel and features notes of strawberry, rose water, and ripe melon. Our Pas Doux 2021 pairs well with sweet, savory, and spicy dishes all year long. Best Served 46-55° F
Quick Spicy Noodles
- 1 lb noodles
- 3 Tbsp high quality olive oil
- 1/2 tsp crushed red pepper
- 2 large eggs
- 1 Tbsp brown sugar
- 3 Tbsp soy sauce
- 3 Tbsp sriracha
- 1 handful fresh cilantro
- 1 green onion, sliced
- Prepare the sauce for the noodles. In a small bowl, stir together the brown sugar, soy sauce, and sriracha. Set this aside.
- Boil and drain the noodles in a colander. Aim for “al dente so the noodles are nice and firm.
- Whisk the eggs in a small bowl, then heat the olive oil in a skillet over medium heat. Add the eggs and crushed pepper and lightly scramble the eggs, careful not to overcook them.
- Add the drained noodles to the skillet with the eggs, then drizzle the sauce over top. Toss to incorporate, top with the sliced onion and cilantro and serve with a chilled glass of our Pas Doux!
Pair with appetizers, sweet brunch dishes, dessert, or enjoy on its own as an aperitif. Our fan-favorite Moscato is bubbly, bright, and everything nice. The Moscato 2019 was hand-picked at optimum ripeness for flavor and acidity. This particular vintage is exhilaratingly fragrant and made to sparkle with notes of peach, apricot, honeysuckle and mango. Best Served 46-52° F
Easy French Toast
- 4 large eggs
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp ground ginger
- 3 tsp cinnamon
- 8 thick slices of bread
- Maple syrup
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the eggs, milk, and spices. Whisk until well blended and pour into a wide, shallow bowl.
- Place each slice of bread into the milk egg mixture, allowing the bread to soak in some of it.
- Melt butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Shake off the excess egg mixture then fry in the hot skillet until browned on one side, then flip and brown the other side.
- Enjoy with a heavy pour of our Moscato!
Beverino Bianco 2021:
Sweet wine lovers rejoice! Light and sweet, this is for wine drinkers that like Riesling and Muscat. Best Served 46-52° F, it’s perfect alongside spicy Thai food, or a cream based dessert like Crème Brûlée.
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 cup whole milk
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 vanilla bean split lengthwise
- 4 large egg yolks
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- Extra Granulated sugar for topping
- Combine the cream, milk and sugar in a medium saucepan. Use a sharp knife to scrape the vanilla beans from the pod and add to the pan. Place over medium heat and stir to dissolve the sugar. Heat just until bubbles appear at the edges and mixture steams but don’t let it boil.
- Whisk the egg yolks and cornstarch in a medium bowl. Add the hot cream mixture in a slow steady stream while whisking constantly.
- Pour mixture back into the saucepan and return to medium heat. Cook, stirring constantly with a spatula to scrape the bottom, just until it comes to a boil and thickens—this will take about 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat and pass custard through a mesh strainer to remove lumps. Spoon into individual ramekins. Refrigerate uncovered, to set up for 2 hours.
- When ready to serve, sprinkle ramekins generously with granulated sugar. Working with one at a time, pass a kitchen torch over the surface until sugar caramelizes. Serve immediately with a big glass of our Beverino Bianco.
No comments yet. You should be kind and add one!
The comments are closed.