…something borrowed and something…mint! This year the wedding color of the year is the delicious mint. We have been watching this whimsical color take over weddings galore! You can find it in the décor, as well as in the details of most weddings throughout 2013. I am not sure why a certain color influences a year of weddings, but all I can say about mint is…I love it! Here are a few examples of how to use such a beautiful color in your very own wedding.
- Let them eat mint! Who knew a mint cake could look so delectable?! The soft green allows any other color to take the stage, while still adding a bit of personality rather than your usual white cake. I absolutely love the coral accent with the mint… It is such a fun combination.
- I can completely see how mint is going to rule the wedding catwalk this year. It is such a complimentary color to any skin tone and pairs perfectly with any jewelry! Now don’t limit this color to your bridesmaids, we’ve been seeing some amazing wedding gowns that have the most subtle hint of mint and they are absolutely stunning.
- He loves me, he loves me not…Mint is the perfect accent color to all things floral! From succulents to leaves, mint has no limits and our florists are pulling out all the stops to show off this fantastic color in bridal party bouquets, boutonnieres, and centerpieces.
- Peek-a-boo…Don’t forget about the shoes! We’ve already seen how brilliantly mint pairs with most colors, but the best of them all is white. Imagine walking down the aisle with your playful mint colored heels leading the way. Whether you choose patent leather or suede, mint is the perfect addition to your wedding day attire.
- Mint is not limited to the ladies! Finish off any suit with a mint tie or, even better, a bowtie and your man is ready for his debut. This color is just the right addition because it is not too feminine, with its blue and green tones, but it still has an amazing lightness too, unlike some other masculine colors.
–Natascia Pfister, Special Events
–What do you think of mint at weddings?
No comments yet. You should be kind and add one!
By submitting a comment you grant Ponte Winery Blog a perpetual license to reproduce your words and name/web site in attribution. Inappropriate and irrelevant comments will be removed at an admin’s discretion. Your email is used for verification purposes only, it will never be shared.