I will spare you the reasons why a great bottle of wine makes a wonderful Mother’s Day gift. Frankly, I think you already know that wine is a great gift for any occasion. The question is, what bottle WILL you gift the mom in your life?
Her favorite one? Sure, a guaranteed hit…but been there, done that, ya know?
A new wine? Why not? Of course, you take the chance that she won’t like it.
Try this: wine by personality. Read on for some recommendations.
The following recommendations have not been tested on moms of varied personalities. There are no clinical trials to disclose. Side effects may vary including mothers who like the wine so much they drink the entire bottle, in which case, please do not let her drive, cook over an open flame or handle fragile family heirlooms.
- Personality Type: She’s all Lady! Your mom is a girly-girl. She loves dresses, painted nails and long, romantic walks on the beach. At the same time, she is sophisticated and a woman of grace.
- The wine: Rose. A cool, dry rose like our 2014 Pas Doux is lovely, just like her. It’s fruity without being sweet and pairs well with almost everything. The perfect balance: lightness of a white wine with the fruit character of a red.
- Personality Type: Smart and Sophisticated. There’s nothing your mom likes more than a deep, meaningful conversation about life, politics, peace on earth, the list goes on…
- The wine: A rich red. A deep and bold wine like our 2011 Nebbiolo is the wine for just such a lady.
- Personality Type: The World Traveler. . If your mom would rather be “anywhere but here” chances are she loves the world most when she’s seeing more of it. She likes newness and discovering new things.
- The wine: Let her discover our 2012 Angry Wife Red or 2014 Angry Wife White. These wines are only available to Ponte Wine Club Members, so you’ll have to join the Club to get your hands on them, but she will love these “hard to get” varietals.
- Personality Type: The One Who Comes Last. Your mom puts everyone first and she is happy to do so. There’s so much love in her heart and she’d rather lavish it on those she’s closest to.
- The wine: Insist she kick up her heels with the 2014 Vermentino. This fresh white wine is delicious and so easy to drink that she can relax all day long sipping on this guest-favorite.
- Personality: The Fireball. Admit it: your mom is still the life of the party. She talks to everyone, loves to dance and laugh and have a great time. She’s simply in love with life.
- The wine: An easy to drink crowd-pleaser like our 2013 Beverino. It’s wonderful chilled or at room temperature and mom can sip away all through the night…when she’s not dancing, that is.
A bottle of Angry Wife will make mom so happy this Mother’s Day!
Ponte is open on Mother’s Day! Treat mom to a day in the country both at the winery and at Ponte Vineyard Inn.
No comments yet. You should be kind and add one!
By submitting a comment you grant Ponte Winery Blog a perpetual license to reproduce your words and name/web site in attribution. Inappropriate and irrelevant comments will be removed at an admin’s discretion. Your email is used for verification purposes only, it will never be shared.