The third course for my Spooky Soiree is a nifty idea for dessert. Nothing pairs as well with Ponte’s Late Harvest red than a nice fat slice of bloody finger cake. I plan on applying several Band-Aids on the tips of my fingers the night of the party to leave my guest wondering. Let the party continue…
Third Course: Bloody Finger Cake paired with our 2009 Late Harvest
- 1 cup white sugar
- ½ cup butter
- 2 eggs
- 2 t vanilla extract
- 1 ½ cup all-purpose flour
- 1 ¾ t baking powder
- ½ cup whole milk
- 5 ladyfinger cookies
- White frosting
- Red glaze frosting
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Grease a 9 inch round baking pan
- In a medium bowl, cream together sugar and butter.
- Beat in eggs
- Add vanilla
- Combine flour and baking powder and stir into butter mix
- Add milk slowly
- Pour batter into prepared pan and bake for 20 minutes
- Once cake is cool frost with prepared frosting
- Place 5 lady fingers on the top of the cake
- Paint fingernails on the ladyfinger cookies with the red glaze icing.
- Drizzle red glaze icing over cake to resemble blood
Don’t fly away on your broomstick just yet, stay tuned for some great ideas for party decorating and Halloween gift giving.
No comments yet. You should be kind and add one!
By submitting a comment you grant Ponte Winery Blog a perpetual license to reproduce your words and name/web site in attribution. Inappropriate and irrelevant comments will be removed at an admin’s discretion. Your email is used for verification purposes only, it will never be shared.