The second course for my Spooky Soiree is a ghoulishly good batch of homemade turkey meatballs served with marinara sauce for dipping. I’ve coined these bad boys: “Brains and Blood” to go along with my super scary Halloween party theme. You can make the meatballs up to 2 days ahead of time. Let the party continue…
Second Course: Brains and Blood Meatballs paired with our 2008 Meritage
- 1 package ground turkey
- ½ cup almond meal
- ½ cup whole wheat panko bread crumps
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 t dried basil
- 1 t dried parsley
- ½ t salt
- ½ t pepper
- 2 T Dijon mustard
- 2 cups of prepared marinara sauce, for dipping
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Grease a baking dish with olive oil while the oven is preheating
- In a large bowl, mix all ingredients
- Form into 2 inch round balls
- Bake for 15 minutes and then turn over
- Bake for an additional 5-10 minutes or until meatballs are crispy.
- Serve using toothpicks alongside marinara sauce for dipping
Don’t fly away on your broomstick just yet, stay tuned for the next recipe: Bloody finger cake.
No comments yet. You should be kind and add one!
By submitting a comment you grant Ponte Winery Blog a perpetual license to reproduce your words and name/web site in attribution. Inappropriate and irrelevant comments will be removed at an admin’s discretion. Your email is used for verification purposes only, it will never be shared.