What do you do when you receive your newest Wine Club shipment? Do you open the box immediately and pop open a bottle that weekend? Do you stock it in your wine fridge to save for a couple months? Or, do you place it in your cellar to enjoy in a few years on a special occasion? If you favor the first two options, you’ll welcome the below suggestions with ease. For those that associate with the latter, we urge you to pick up an extra bottle, store one for later and enjoy the other now using some of our favorite ideas below.
2009 Sangiovese Pairings
- Drink – Sangria. The most refreshing way to enjoy our newest Sangiovese is in our popular Sangria recipe. It’s sweet, cold and full of fresh fruit. No summer party is complete without it.
- Appetizer – Goat cheese. It’s a go-to pairing with Sangiovese. Give it a summer twist by making our super-simple Grilled Apricots with Goat Cheese.
- Meal – Homemade pizza. Instead of the traditional ingredients you always use, try incorporating chives, fennel and some sweet Italian sausage like on Salsiccia Pizza, formerly from The Restaurant at Ponte. The hearty sausage pairs well with the tannins found in Sangiovese and will take the flavors to another level.
2011 Pinot Grigio
- Drink – A Pinot Grigio cocktail. You’d be surprised how easy it is to create a mixed drink with wine. Start by mixing 2oz. of pineapple juice with 3oz. of Pinot Grigio. In a separate glass, muddle some fresh strawberries at the bottom. Pour the Pinot Grigio mixture into the strawberry glass slowly. Garnish with a small strawberry on the edge of the glass. Yum!
- Appetizer – Green Gazpacho. It’s cool and hydrating in the summer heat. Serve it in shot glasses for an easy summer aperitif.
- Meal – Grilled Salmon with Tropical Relish. Salmon is easily spiced up when you create a homemade relish with summer’s freshest harvest. The mango, papaya and pineapple complement the fruity flavor of the Pinot Grigio.
–Tell us about what you’ve eaten with your Sangiovese and Pinot Grigio
No comments yet. You should be kind and add one!
By submitting a comment you grant Ponte Winery Blog a perpetual license to reproduce your words and name/web site in attribution. Inappropriate and irrelevant comments will be removed at an admin’s discretion. Your email is used for verification purposes only, it will never be shared.