My last year of Trick-or-Treating I was in middle school and dressed up as an Army Soldier. I walked up to a house with a bunch of adults sitting in the driveway passing out candy. My friends and I said, “trick or treat” with a smile and the adults just sat there staring at us. Then one of them finally spoke up and said, “Aren’t you a little old for trick-or-treating?” They insisted we all tell them a joke in exchange for a piece of candy. It was then I knew my days of trick-or-treating were over. I was not exactly happy about it, I loved candy, and still do!
Now that I am an adult, I still love Halloween, but for different reasons. I sit on my front porch with my husband, a glass of wine in hand and some home-made chili. Afterwards, I start eating the candy I bought for the trick-or-treaters while “awing” at all the little cuties in their costumes. It hit me, Halloween isn’t just for kids! So while you are passing out candy, or after you take your own little cuties around the neighborhood, pop open a bottle of your favorite Ponte wine and enjoy! Below I listed some great Ponte sweet wines paired with the good old Halloween candies we all love!
- Isabel pairs perfectly with Candy Corn, Caramel Corn, Nerds and Runts.
- Juliet is amazing with Starburst, Jolly Ranchers and all those fruity candies.
- Moscato is most delicious with Fun Dip and Pop Rocks.
- Beverino and Late Harvest are of course positively sinful with all chocolate candies; Three Musketeers, Reese’s, and Snickers just to name a few.
- Sherry over ice cream with Sugar Babies.
- Zinfandel Port is to die for with Root Beer Barrels, Hershey’s Bars, Nestle Crunch Bars, Kit Kats, and Krackle.
So go ahead, sneak a few from the bowl or from your kids. I promise I won’t tell!
Wine Club and Online Store Coordinator