Hey, Daddy-O, have you heard? Ponte is throwing a bash at their pad May 14th for all of their hip Wine Club Members. The theme? 1950’s Angry Wives. Can you dig it?
Hopefully, that 1950’s slang-filled first sentence resonated to all you late Silent Generation folks and early Baby Boomers…my apologies if I failed miserably.
You heard us right, we are hosting what will be a fabulous soiree to celebrate the release of our latest vintages of Angry Wife Red and Angry Wife White wines. We’ve always had a lot of fun promoting these Wine Club Member-only wines, dressing ourselves and snapping photographs with a cheeky 50’s feel, and now we want you to join in on the fun. We invite men and women to don their best 50’s garb on the evening of the party. Need some inspiration? You could watch the first couple of seasons of Mad Men, or you could consider some of these tips:
- Skirts, skirts and more skirts! Knee and mid-calf length skirts were the bees knees in the 1950’s, whether they were full, pencil or A-line skirts. Any of these will work.
- Shirt dresses – The ideal shirt dress for this party would have short to elbow length sleeves, a knee or mid-calf length skirt, a collar and is accessorized with a belt.
- Not a dress gal? No problem. Every 50’s woman had a great pair of casual pants or shorts for twilight bbq’s or relaxing at home. Think slim pants (cigarette pants) in bright colors, Capri pants and Bermuda shorts. Pair with a fitted blouse with a Peter Pan collar.
- All the extras: short gloves, bouffant hair, kitten heels, flats and good old fashioned Keds sneakers are ‘50’s all the way!
- For the fancy: a fitted suit, oxford shoes, a hat and every hair in its place. Very Don Draper.
- For the less fancy: Go Greaser! Spend some time watching John Travolta in Grease, James Dean in Rebel Without a Cause and The Fonze, and take your cue from them. Greasy hair, leather jacket, white t-shirt and jeans.
- For somewhere in the middle: The country had a love affair with everything Hawaiian in the 1950’s, so go with a Hawaiian shirt and a pair of Bermuda shorts. Or, channel your inner collegiate: plaid shirt, chinos and a cardigan sweater.
Of course, these are just suggestions and dressing up is completely optional. It’ll only add to the fun! Wine Club Members will also enjoy live music, wine (including the Angry Wives), themed hors d’oeuvres, a photo booth and more.
May 14th, 6-9 pm
Tickets are $45 per person and prior reservations are required. For more information, please click here.
Learn the story behind the name of our Angry Wife wine here.