Happy New Year!
Have you decided what you’re doing for New Year’s Eve yet? A fancy dinner out or maybe you’ll be hosting a party at home? It’s coming up fast and even though Saint Nick hasn’t visited yet, now’s the time to start planning.
Consider this: an evening at a winery where food, wine, entertainment, music, champagne is all included. Where is this, you may ask? Why, at Ponte Winery’s annual New Year’s Eve Extravaganza, of course. For the 5th year in a row, Ponte is going all out and hosting a New Year’s party to end all New Year’s parties. Every year the event revolves around a specific theme and this year is no exception: the 2007 New Year’s theme is City Nights. Expect food, decor and music inspired by some of the most exciting cities in the world. Ponte’s Food and Beverage Manager and Executive Chef have dreamt up a menu inspired by “street food.” Think hot dogs and soft pretzels with a twist. Read on for the full menu. The full Ponte wine bar will be open all night and there will be a champagne toast at midnight, not to mention dancing, dancing dancing! Tickets are still available and can be purchased at Ponte Winery’s website. Bring your friends and family-the more the merrier!
2007 New Year’s Eve Extravaganza Menu
- Chili-baked oysters with red onion-orange relish
- Baked sun dried tomato-rosemary soft pretzels with assorted cheese fondues and mustards
- Italian style hot dogs on pizza bread with peppers, onions, potatoes and spicy mustard
- Swordfish Mojito Cevice
- Corn fried soft shell crabs with red pepper aioli and 3-cabbage slaw
- Steak and lobster stir-fry with sake-plum glaze and whole wheat soba noodles
- Sazon-rubbed tri-tip with roasted tomatillo barbeque sauce and baked banana squash
- Braised jerk short ribs and plantain mash
- Anise-infused zeppole (Italian style donuts) with vanilla sugar
- Strawberry-grapefruit granite with basil and cucumber melon relish
- Cream sherry caramel corn and roasted nuts
- Lemon basil kettle corn
- Key lime pound cake with mango semi-freddo and coconut tuille
No comments yet. You should be kind and add one!
By submitting a comment you grant Ponte Winery Blog a perpetual license to reproduce your words and name/web site in attribution. Inappropriate and irrelevant comments will be removed at an admin’s discretion. Your email is used for verification purposes only, it will never be shared.