Something old, something new, something borrowed, something blue.
Some things never go out of style when it comes to weddings. And some things do (just take a look at your aunt’s wedding photos from 1985). That’s why we call them “wedding trends” and 2012 has some fabulous ones so far. Perhaps in 30 years we’ll all look back at 2012 wedding portraits and ponder, “What on earth were we thinking?” but for now let’s enjoy all the fun. Some trends we have our eyes on this year are:
- Rustic chic weddings – this theme is still going strong. Think old barns transformed by soft lighting, and colorful peonies in pitchers and mason jars.
- Dresses with long sleeves and lace – we can thank Kate Middleton for this timeless look.
- Mis-matched bridesmaids dresses – your bridal party in dresses of different lengths, colors and styles. They actually might wear them again!
- Jewel tones – amethyst, turquoise, fuchsia, tangerine. Gorgeous!
- Seasonal food – Move over, strawberry spinach salad in the wintertime. Make room for figs and squash. Summer wedding? Think lots of tomatoes, corn and peaches.
- Multiple centerpieces – Forget one huge bouquet of flowers on your tables and go for a collection of vases, all different sizes with a variety of blooms. Also hot on the table are bunches of herbs.
- Unconventional music – guitar players and string quartets are always good. But do you want it to be great? Consider a gospel choir!
Lucky for you there is a time and place where you can explore all kinds of wedding trends: it’s at the Festival of Brides at Ponte Winery this coming Sunday, May 6th. From 11:00 am to 4:00 pm explore tons of wedding specialists and services for anything you need for the big day: invitations, flowers, music, food, photography, dresses and everything in between!
We know your wedding is going to be one of the most important days of your life, and we also know that planning it can be overwhelming. At the Festival you can literally hire all your vendors in one day!
Check out more details here and pre-register. We hope to see you there!
–What is your favorite wedding trend this year?